Welcome to the River School Blog!
Trouble getting your child to talk about school? If so, you’re not alone. Try adding some variety with your questions. Find out what they enjoy by asking them these questions or coming up with your own.
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today?
2. Tell me something that made you laugh today?
3. Who do you like to play with at school?
4. Tell me a new word that you heard today.
5. How did you help someone today?
6. How did somebody help you today?
7. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
8. When were you the happiest today?
9. Tell me something good that happened today.
10. Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
11. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
12. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
13. What is your favorite area in the classroom?
14. What is your job? Tell me what you like to do.
15. What would you like to learn more about at school?
16. What did you do on the playground today?
17. What do you like the most during center time?
18. What books did you read today?
Here are a few other helpful tips to encourage positive conversations with your children about their time in school.